background

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crop Chocolate New Year New Team Blog Hop


 Welcome to the Crop Chocolate New Year New Team Blog Hop!!!!

My name is Mary Shriver.  


Welcome to my neck of the web!!  I'm so excited to be a part of the infamous Crop Chocolate Design Team.  You hopefully arrived here from Jasmine's blog.  If you haven't been through all of the blogs here, make sure you see each one!! These ladies are amazingly talented!!

Amber asked us to list 5 interesting facts about ourselves.....so here it goes!


 5 Things You Should Know...

  1. I have different colored eyes. Completely natural, and yes I wear contacts, but they are clear!
  2.  I love to play games...board games, card games, video games...
  3. I have seen the fireworks from the top of the Empire State Building
  4. I love to bake
  5. I grew up in a small town in Oregon
Here are my entries for the CC Design Team tryouts



The top one is one that reflects me.  I love to create altered items for my home and as gifts.  I didn't have the pictures for the bottom frames at the time, but they are on the to do list :)

I love to quill. And since Crop Chocolate hasn't sold any qulling materials yet, I made my own! This project was entered as my "think outside of the box".  I had never made my own quilling paper, but it worked great with some EP scraps from my first project!

BLOG CANDY ALERT!!!!

I appreciate you coming by and visiting my blog! Hopefully you saw some cute ideas :)  I am giving away some blog candy.  It is a surprise, but believe me, well worth it :)  To enter, Follow my blog, and leave a comment on this post.  That simple!!  I will use random.org to choose a winner at the conclusion of the blog hop.

I am humbled and honored to be a part of the CC design team. I hope you check out the rest of the hop!!

Amber - http://ambaju.blogspot.com/
Jenni - http://wishiwasscrappin.blogspot.com/
Kathy - http://upinthenightwithkat.blogspot.com/
Jasmine - http://wildflowerford.blogspot.com/
------You Are Here -----Mary - http://mkbugs.blogspot.com/
Nina - http://ninastimeout.blogspot.ca/
Polly - http://pazasproductions.blogspot.com/
DeeDee - www.umwowstudio.com
Miwa - http://miwannascrap.blogspot.com/
Chris - http://thriftysisters-chris.blogspot.com/
Corrie - http://corriescrafts.blogspot.com/
Karen - http://karey2005.blogspot.com/
Julie - http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com/
Becky - http://onceuponadelight.blogspot.com/
Laura - http://lauraannsbreakfastpizza.blogspot.com/
Michele - http://stuffbybelle.blogspot.com/

43 comments:

by belle said...

Mary!! Great projects! I am a new follower!!

Jasmine said...

Great projects Mary! Looking forward to working with you this term...I'm a new follower too!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I love the look of quilling but I'm terrible at it! I'm now a follower :-)

Scrappy Canuck said...

Quilling - I have been dying to try that! Awesome projects and have a fun term!

Laura Turcotte said...

WOW!! Love the Family sign! Loving the quilled flowers!!!New follower too!

craftyck said...

Love to see your quilling project. I have had some quilling paper for awhile now and still haven't tried to make anything. Thanks for the inspiration. I am a new follower.

Michelina said...

Nice getting to know you Mary! Congrats on making the CCDT! I love the family sign!! Great work! I bought a quilling book but have yet to try it maybe now I will. I'm also a new follower. I look forward to seeing your projects! :0)

Chris said...

Well I think I am a follower not sure..I LOVE your Family project!Great job!

Laura said...

Your projects are so cool. I am so intrigued by quilling and you've done such a nice job with yours.

mommyx2 said...

Great projects! Congrats on the DT. Love the quilling. Great to know you and that 2 DT members have different color eyes and one who's eye color changes!!

MomCleo said...

Hi Mary, those are really great projects, I admire your patience with the quilling! I am now a follower too....

DeniseP said...

So awesome! I LOVE altered projects and am always oohing and aahing at them on pinterest! I really ought to try one out one of these days. I also love your quilling project, it's so pretty and intricate...and the teal you used for the background is absolutely to die for! Thanks for sharing!

NinaN said...

Gorgeous projects Mary! Love that family sign!

Shona said...

The quilling is cool. I need to try that sometime.

Once Upon A Delight said...

1Hey Mary. Love the altered art. So very nice. The quilling is awesome too . . . personally I don't think i have the patience for it, but I am in awe of those that do. Will enjoy working with you.

scrappinmom2two said...

I soooooo want to learn quilling! Beautiful work!! Can't wait to work with you this term!!

scrappinmom2two said...

oh and i'm a mew follower too! :o)

Brit K. Designs said...

New follower here! oh my goodness! I love those quilled flowers, I've been wanting to try it, but as of yet, haven't worked up enough nerve to do so. :-) Maybe soon. Thanks for sharing about you!

Karen (karey2005) said...

New follower! Yay! And I love your projects. I tried quilling, but it didn't look anything like what you've done. Superb! Looking forward to the next 6 crafty months!!

Rox-Ann said...

Congrats on DT. Love your projects and the quilling is cool. I am a follower.

Rox-Ann said...

Congrats on DT. Love your projects and the quilling is cool. I am a follower.

Lucy said...

Great projects! I love to quill too! There's something relaxing about it :) I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Whoops! Sent you a message instead of commenting. Following your blog and love your altered project.

pboszko said...

Nice to meet you Mary...now a follower...great projects!

love2scrap said...

Beautiful quilling work! I think both your projects are great! I am now a follower.

Julie Odil said...

Great projects. I'm your newest follower.

Camerageek said...

Great projects. Have never tried quilling but it looks interesting.

teresa said...

Love the family project !! The quilling is so pretty too !! I am a new follower!

DeeMcD said...

I love the Family project. It's the perfect color for my family room, and I have just the spot for it. I may have to borrow/steal that idea. Now a follower.

Misty W. said...

I haven't tried the quilling yet, but I have a tool, just need to find the time! gwsharkcpa

Teresa said...

great projects, love the quilling!

Ruth said...

Beautiful projects! The quilling is great! Enjoyed your fun facts, too.

Caryn S said...

Those were some really interesting facts about you! Loved your projects too, I have purchased a couple f quilling kit but I'm afraid to get started on it. It would be great if you did a tutorial on that for us ladies on CC!

Corrie said...

Great projects, I loved reading your fun facts

PollyZas said...

Hi Mary, love your fun facts, it must have been awesome seeing fireworks from the top of the Empire State building! I love your projects too, your quilling is awesome! I love the tag you made for me so much that I haven't used it just keeping it! Looking forward to working with you!

Tisha Walker said...

LOVE the projects. Enjoyed your facts and post. I am now a follower!

SharonDoesBaskets said...

Love BOTH projects!! The quilling with the patterned paper gives a GREAT effect!! :) You have beautiful eyes!!

Congrats on being on the CC DT!

SharonDoesBaskets said...

ps...also following! :D

Erin (CelticCrafter) said...

I love your projects, Mary!! You'll have to give me some tips on quilling! Just started following your blog, too! :D

Amber R. :) said...

I am so jealous that you've seen fireworks from the ESB!!!!! So happy to have you this time around! :)

Amber R. :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I have never tried quilling... maybe I should give it a whirl

DeeDee said...

Hi Mary :) Glad to be on the team with you!! we're game people, too!